Chocolate milk is an amazing treat after your workout. It is even better and more beneficial to drink it than sports drink. The taste is delicious, it is full of nutrients and has just right amount of carbohydrates and protein. It is a drink of elite athletes.
3 TIMES YES:
• It has ideal carbohydrate to protein ratio 3-1 ( Optimal recovery ratio should be between 2:1-4:1)
• It has potassium, calcium and vitamin D
• It contains whey protein for muscle recovery (repair and growth)
This are examples of food which are a perfect RECOVERY meal after your work out:
- 350 ml low-fat chocolate milk
266 Kcal, 47g Carbohydrates, 12g Protein, Ratio 3.9:1
- Sandwich with peanut butter and jam, 2 Tbsp each on 2 slices of whole wheat bread.
437 Kcal, 56g Carbohydrates, 15g Protein, Ratio 3.7:1
- Sandwich with 3 slices meat on 2 slices whole grain bread + 1 cup grapes.
238 Kcal, 39g Carbohydrates, 14g Protein, Ratio 2.7:1
- Smoothie:300 ml skimmed milk, 1 large banana, 1 scoop of whey protein powder (10-15 grams scoop)
280 Kcal, 46g Carbohydrates, 23g Protein, Ratio 2:1*Nutrition facts are provided by individual company websites &/ The USDA Nutrient Analysis Library